It’s a great idea to spruce up your home before putting it on the market. A couple of hours of work can really elevate your home, making it more attractive to buyers.
Here’s what we suggest:
- Clean, clean, clean! Wash every window and scrub every wall because buyers pay attention! It’s really quite crazy how much of a difference those little things make. If you don’t have time to put in the work, try and source a professional. Our complete services division will be able to find you the right fit.
- Repair obvious problems! This means that squeaky door you never bothered to repair, or the lifting skirting boards need attention. These little jobs shouldn’t take long but will rid your home of ‘fixer-upper’ vibes.
- Spruce up the garden! Add some stones in your flower beds and weed your grass. A few simple changes should be enough to turn your garden ‘blah’ and ‘yah!’
- Arrange furniture artfully. Co-ordinate your pillows and fold your blankets carefully to give that styled feel.
- Ensure your home smells fresh. We’ve all heard the coffee beans in the oven trick but you definitely don’t have to go that far. Grab a few neutral smelling incense or candles and you’ll be set!
- Bring in the light. Make sure all of your curtains are wide open so that your home is filled with natural light.
- Make it a comfortable temperature. Ensure your fans aren’t churning on an 18c degree day, you might like the cold, but your buyers are likely to feel uncomfortable in your property meaning they won’t want to buy it!
- Purchase flowers. Flowers are often utilised to make people feel special